This session will Stretch, Tone and Burn your body into a new dimension with this fabulous fusion of Power Pilates and Freestyle Fitness Yoga. Fabulous for both MEN and WOMEN. You will learn NEW Pilates moves to STRENGTHEN and TONE the body and core as well as superb Yoga-inspired STRETCH techniques to help release, detox and rejuvenate the WHOLE body.
Benefits of bringing Pilates and Yoga together on ONE session are:
Pilates lengthens and stretches all the major muscle groups in the body in a balanced and free flowing way. It improves flexibility, strength, balance, core and body awareness.
Yoga brings the body and mind together and is built on the three main elements of exercise, breathing and meditation.
Both yoga and Pilates improve muscular and postural strength.
For over 15 years I have seen both men and women achieve the most AMAZING body, health and wellbeing results from adding a dose or two of both Pilates or Yoga-based exercise into their lives, on a regular basis. Injuries have been healed, backs have been strengthened, range of movement has been restored and confidence has been increased and improved no end. Both Pilates and Yoga are for EVERYONE from the hardy focused athlete to the most beginner of beginners to either discipline or exercise in general. They can be both be massively adapted and modified for the various ranges, levels and abilities that I see yet everyone can join in the same class together.
The immensely huge health, body and wellbeing benefits of Pilates include:
- improved flexibility
- increased muscle strength and tone, particularly of your abdominal muscles, lower back, hips and buttocks (the ‘core muscles’ of your body)
- balanced muscular strength on both sides of your body
- enhanced muscular control of your back and limbs
- improved stabilisation of your spine
- improved posture
- rehabilitation or prevention of injuries related to muscle imbalances
- improved physical coordination and balance
- relaxation of your shoulders, neck and upper back
- safe rehabilitation of joint and spinal injuries
- prevention of musculoskeletal injuries
- increased lung capacity and circulation through deep breathing
- improved concentration
- increased body awareness
- stress management and relaxation
The immense health, body and wellbeing benefits of Yoga include:
The practice of Yoga develops strength and flexibility, while soothing your nerves and calming your mind. The movements affect the muscles, joints and skin, and the whole body – glands, nerves, internal organs, bones, respiration and the brain. The physical building blocks of yoga are the posture and the breath.
- Cardiovascular system (heart and arteries) – asanas are isometric, which means they rely on holding muscle tension for a short period of time. This improves cardiovascular fitness and circulation. Studies show that regular yoga practice may help normalise blood pressure.
- Digestive system – improved blood circulation and the massaging effect of surrounding muscles speeds up a sluggish digestion.
- Musculoskeletal – joints are moved through their full range of motion, which encourages mobility and eases pressure. The gentle stretching releases muscle and joint tension, and stiffness, and also increases flexibility. Maintaining many of the asanas encourages strength and endurance. Weight-bearing asanas may help prevent osteoporosis, and may also help people already diagnosed with osteoporosis (if practiced with care under the supervision of a qualified yoga teacher). Long-term benefits include reduced back pain and improved posture.
- Nervous system – improved blood circulation, easing of muscle tension and the act of focusing the mind on the breath all combine to soothe the nervous system. Long-term benefits include reduced stress, anxiety and fatigue, better concentration and energy levels, and increased feelings of calm and wellbeing.
This unique session that has been developed for the current FitHaven Timetable on Wednesday Nights, 7.40pm, Buckden Village Hall, £6.50 per session. No Need To Book, Just Turn UP!